A 100 year old steam plant was having a long standing vibration issue that they could not correct. Our EMDS department determined the likely issue was the hub to shaft fit. Horner Machining Services did most of the work on this fan including:
• Remove old bearing, couplings, and louvers
• Press old shaft out of the fan
• Sand blast the fan and louvers clean
• steam clean coupling
• set up new shaft and check for straightness, then install
• Dynamic Balance
• Paint and reinstall the original coupling
Field Service did the on-site work for removal, installation, and balance work. We did this work and serviced all the motors associated with this unit. Great teamwork for all those involved!
On a side note those pieces on the end are called Louvers or Dampers and they control the air flow in and out of the fan.