TECHNICAL REPORT WRITER – Field Service
GENERAL PURPOSE: Technical Report Writer is responsible for the creation and editing of technical report documentation including Field Service Reports, Failure Analysis Reports and applicable ISO process and procedure documentation
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Organize materials and complete writing assignments according to set format standards regarding order, clarity, conciseness, branding and terminology
- Maintain detailed records and original data/files of all technical documents and revisions
- Schedule a strict review process for documentation edits and updates
- Edit, standardize, or make changes to hand-written and/or electronic materials prepared by Field Service and/or Shop Repair technicians
- Obtain/create photographs, drawings, sketches, diagrams, or charts to illustrate and support written data
- Interact with repair field services, shop repair and sales personnel
- Data gathering
- Working with other members of the team to collaborate on departmental projects
- Performs other job duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma is required. Associates Degree or higher with emphasis in engineering from university or technical trade school is preferred
- Previous technical writing or comparable experience
- Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar
- Functional computer literacy with specific proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Good organization, communication and interpersonal skills
- Active listener, ability to give full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate
- Proven time management skills and the ability to work on tight deadlines
- Strong initiative and follow through; ability to work within a team environment
- Knowledge of ISO 9001 is preferred.
- Must be able to perform essential functions of job, with or without reasonable accommodations.
Horner offers competitive wages, healthcare benefits, 401(k) plan with employer match. To learn more about us or to submit an application - please visit our website at www.hornerindustrial.com/jobs Resumes may be emailed to Kelly.Russell@hornerindustrial.com