Hours: 7:00-3:30-Overtime, Weekends, and On-Call required
Travel: 10% within Midwest region and some overnights
Position Location: 1521 E. Washington St., Indianapolis, IN 46201
Family owned and operated since 1949, Horner Industrial Group has built its reputation on integrity, standards of excellence and a commitment to customer service Horner Industrial specializes in quality industrial products and solutions, from electric motor repair, electrical and mechanical field service, advanced vibration analysis and industrial fan design and fabrication to thermal and industrial coatings.
Sr. Field Service Controls Specialist will perform on-site installations, startups, troubleshooting and repairs of various heavy industrial process control systems including PLC’s, industrial motor VFD’s, and Servo Motors. The Sr. Field Service Controls Specialist will be focused on eliminating any potential and/or actual operational problems and provides a communication link between the customer and the company to meet customers’ needs and expectations efficiently and effectively within very fast-paced work and production environments.
- Installation, setup and troubleshooting Industrial Motor Controls including AC / DC adjustable speed drives, Electronic Soft Starter, Reduced Voltage starters, three and single phase controllers. Experience with Servo Motor controls would be good but, not required.
- Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) equipment installation, programming, troubleshooting, and repair on various control systems, including but not limited to GE/Allen Bradley. Familiarity of PLC 5, SLC 500, Ladder Logic, Control Logix and Panel Views programming.
- Inspect, install and start-up new process control systems and other electrical equipment.
- Perform hands-on electrical and mechanical troubleshooting and repairs on equipment to insure quality operations and optimize equipment productivity.
- Interface with Engineering, Production and Project Management to solve technical problems or project issues.
- Prepare concise, accurate, professional and timely Service Work Reports, Expense Reports and other support documentation for customer visits and service activities.
- Provide management with timely verbal and/or written communications regarding job activities.
- Follow Horner Industrial Group’s administrative, workplace, and safety policies, procedures and practices.
- Wear appropriate uniform and maintain professional appearance, conduct, and attitude in order to positively promote HIG’s business activities to all internal and external customers.
- Assist with Customer Service functions and activities as requested by management to align with HIG’s corporate goals and expectations.
- Supervisory Responsibilities: This position may require occasional supervisor/coordination of other field technicians, on-site contractors and/or customer personnel.
- 7-10 years of service experience in an industrial field such as Paper, Steel or similar processing industry
- Demonstrated proficiency with Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC), Adjustable Speed Drives and Servo Motors; understanding of PLC ladder logic.
- Ability to troubleshoot and modify PLC programs involving various models of electronic and motion controls.
- Ability to troubleshoot, repair or correct mechanical or other equipment problems.
- Ability to read and interpret mechanical and electrical drawings, blueprints or other specification layouts.
- Experience and proficiency automated process systems and controls (GE / Allen Bradley preferred)
- Familiar with electrical and electronic principles
- Knowledge of NEC preferred
- Knowledge and applicability of Preventative Maintenance Procedures
- Provide own basic set of hand tools.
- Ability to lift and move items frequently that are 50lbs
- Hands-on electrical and mechanical aptitude including use of various hand tools, precision measuring equipment and computers.
- Must be able to work in a high production environment under stress and demanding circumstances.
- Able to lead, and influence others on the team
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and prioritize many different work assignments
- Ability to perform several tasks concurrently with professionalism under pressure with aggressive time schedules while striving to provide complete customer satisfaction.
- Ability to work independently with a minimum of supervision.
- Ability to communicate effectively, (written and verbally) with peers, management, customers, and vendors
- Associates in Electrical or Electronic Technology
Horner offers a competitive wage, healthcare benefits, 401(k) plan with employer match, a great working environment, and a talented team of experienced professionals with whom you will work.
Horner Industrial Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.