Shift: Monday-Friday 7:00am-3:30pm
Location: 1521 E. Washington St. Indianapolis, IN 46201
Family owned and operated since 1949, Horner Industrial Group has built its reputation on integrity, standards of excellence and a commitment to customer service. Horner Industrial specializes in quality industrial products and solutions, from electric motor repair, electrical and mechanical field service, advanced vibration analysis and industrial fan design and fabrication to thermal and industrial coatings.
This position requires a degreed engineer with a minimum of 10 years’ experience in the design and application process of motors, compressors, generators, pumps, blowers, and gearboxes etc. This individual must be a subject matter expert providing support for service, repairs, and modifications as they will be responsible for providing technical evaluation and assessment of rotating equipment. He/she is also expected to have excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as proven teamwork skills.
- Prepare engineering specifications, data sheets, and inspection and testing plans for required equipment.
- Provide REP (Rotating Equipment Performance) Engineering expertise in reliability incident events
- Deliver training and solution consultancy based on customer needs
- Define, improve, and implement robust processes, standard ways of working and best practices
- Evaluating disassembly and inspection findings in order to generate repair and upgrade work instructions.
- Interpreting technical drawings, industry standards, OEM specifications, and manufacturing processes to solve reliability issues.
- Conduct engineering statistical reliability studies from the risk assessments, criticality data, corrective maintenance history and failure history.
- 10+ years’ experience in inspection of rotating machinery fabrication and performance testing procedures and evaluation.
- 5+ years of relevant experience in the field of troubleshooting & assessments.
- Ability to design, document, and implement processes
- Strong working knowledge of engineering principles
- Leadership skills, with good communication, teamwork and influencing skills.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and” outside the box”
- Fluency in English, both verbal and written.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanic or Electrical Engineering