Hours: 1st Shift 7:30-4:00pm
Position Location 916 S. West St. Indianapolis, IN 46201
Family owned and operated since 1949, Horner Industrial Group has built its reputation on integrity, standards of excellence and a commitment to customer service Horner Industrial specializes in quality industrial products and solutions, from electric motor repair, electrical and mechanical field service, advanced vibration analysis and industrial fan design and fabrication to thermal and industrial coatings.
Horner Industrial is seeking a Manager for its Pump Repair Shop. The Manager will oversee all the activities within the shop as well as coordinate field service projects at customer owned sites as needed while supporting the Operations Manager in meeting facility, safety, quality and delivery goals while maintaining a high level of service to both internal and external customers.
- Assign daily tasks for the shop Mechanics and Machinists and allocate work to ensure effective use of time and resources.
- Help organize and arrange all tools, materials, drawings, inspection and assembly paperwork, specifications and details, for shop employees in conjunction with assigning work.
- Report any defects in materials, rework, missed inspections, job delays, or problem areas to the Operations Manager and recommend solutions.
- Reviewing all inspection documentation to ensure complete and accurate. Similarly, responsible for the final inspection of all machined parts to ensure they meet customer requirements.
- Responsible for the final inspection of assembled equipment prior to shipment.
- Communicate with others (e.g.other Horner divisions, Sales) on deliverables and status of joint work.
- Responsible for the implementation and practice of all disassembly, troubleshooting, assembly, inspection and other shop procedures.
- Responsible for safe work practices for shop employees.
- Maintain professional work ethic and demonstrate courtesy and respect in all aspects of work day and routine.
- 8+ years with hands on experience in pump repair or servicing or completion of an accredited mechanical or military training program along with 5+ years in pump repair
- Understand and operate machines, millwright work, basic welding
- Ability to read complex drawings, understand specifications and use of precision measuring equipment
- Must have in depth experience with diagnostic, troubleshooting & failure analysis processes
- Knowledge of or ability to learn safety rules and procedures, and operating policies and procedures. Practical experience with ISO9001 is preferred
- Must be able to communicate effectively with others at all levels of the organization
- Must be able to perform all essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation
- High School Diploma or Equivalent. A Certificate or Associates Degree in a mechanical related field preferred.
Horner offers a competitive wage, healthcare benefits, 401(k) plan with employer match, a great working environment, and a talented team of experienced professionals with whom you will work.
Horner Industrial Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.