Hours: 1st Shift Available-Overtime may be required
Position Location: 5330 Prosperity Dr., Springfield, OH 45502
Family owned and operated since 1949, Horner Industrial Group has built its reputation on integrity, standards of excellence and a commitment to customer service Horner Industrial specializes in quality industrial products and solutions, from electric motor repair, electrical and mechanical field service, advanced vibration analysis and industrial fan design and fabrication to thermal and industrial coatings.
The Parts Washer/General Helper is responsible for safely cleaning and inspecting electric motor parts, placing parts in designated storage bins, material handling, and loading and unloading burnout ovens.
- Proper use of various parts cleaning equipment including parts washers, pressure washers, grit blasting, drills w/wire brushes or sanding disks
- Proper identification, segregation and storage of job parts.
- Proper use of painting equipment.
- Tear down and assembly of electric motors and other rotating equipment
- Proper use of lifting and transport equipment including pallet jacks and forklifts
- Wearing, using, and maintaining proper PPE
- Proper preparation of finished job for delivery.
- Use of basic hand tools such as wrenches (metric & S.A.E.), sockets and ratchets, screwdrivers, pry bars, etc.
- Follow all Company Environmental, Health and Safety procedures.
- Other duties as assigned in the Motor Shop
- 1-3 years of experience working in an industrial or manufacturing atmosphere
- Previous mechanical or shop experience preferred
- Valid Driver's License
- Enthusiasm to learn and grow
- Dependable and punctual
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Highschool Diploma or GED
Horner offers a competitive wage, healthcare benefits, 401(k) plan with employer match, a great working environment, and a talented team of experienced professionals with whom you will work.
Horner Industrial Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.