Operations Support Assistant
Horner Industrial Group is seeking an Operations Support Assistant at its Horner Machine Services Shop located east of downtown Indianapolis. This position is scheduled 7:00a to 4:00p Monday through Friday
GENERAL PURPOSE: Responsible for providing administrative support to operations.
- The successful candidate will be expected to learn and become proficient in all applicable modules of
- Vantage ERP software including, but not limited to:
- Understanding and use of the order process in Vantage
- Knowledgeable about purchase order, inventory control, and material requisitioning
- Labor tickets and managing the entry process
- Job creation and management
- Closing of jobs after completion
- Shipping/Bills of Lading
- Pre audit of invoicing information before going to accounting
- Responsible for completing paper PO verification for service and product requests.
- Provide inside sales support to external and internal customers
- Assist with comparing actual costs for jobs to estimates
- Prepare periodic reports as requested by management
- Routine receptionist functions – e.g. answering and routing calls, greeting visitors
- Replying to the emails received by the clients.
- Collecting Data on incoming jobs and conduct order entry tasks to create an active Sales Order
- Coordinating active jobs to meet with customer required delivery dates
- Responsible for tracking, filing and maintaining all customer correspondence, purchase orders quotes, etc.
- Provide other administrative functions as needed (e.g. customer list, contact list updates, data entry)
- Regular interaction with staff members across all locations and departments as necessary
- Shipping and Receiving
- All other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 1 – 3 years of general office or operations support experience in a manufacturing or shop repair environment
- Must demonstrate good planning and organizational skills
- Must demonstrate basic proficiency with computer software, including Microsoft Office products; prior experience with ERP system(s) is preferred but not required
- Must demonstrate good verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Must be able to maintain a high sense of urgency to meet deadlines
- Must be able to perform essential functions of job, with or without reasonable accommodations.
Horner offers competitive wages, benefits package, and 401(k) Plan. To learn more about us, visit our website at www.hornerindustrial.com Resumes may be emailed to Tiffany.Thompson@hornerindustrial.com
Horner Industrial Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.