Due to an upcoming retirement, we have a position available for an Operations Manager based in Indianapolis to assume the responsibilities for the efficient, safe and profitable operation of Horner’s Machining Services Division. The Operations Manager plans, organizes, directs and controls all divisional operations while meeting safety, quality, on-time delivery, financial, and continuous improvement goals of the manual machine shop.
Essential Job Functions:
- Experience in estimating material, processes and labor cost in manual machine shop environment in order to provide accurate quotations and lead times for customer requests.
- Drives daily production in Machine Shop to meet scheduling requirements.
- Frequent interaction with peer group Managers within Horner as customer requirements often dictate collaboration on work flow across multiple divisions.
- The ideal candidate is a hands-on manager who works closely with employees to identify and implement process improvements such as setup time reduction and overall efficiency.
- Performs and reports to metrics such as budgets, setup times, machine hours, safety, labor efficiency, quality and on-time delivery.
- Develops specific short-term plans for assigned department(s), together with supporting budget requests and financial estimates, which meet strategic long-term objectives of the business.
- Leads and motivates a skilled workforce by focusing on continuous improvement to engage the employees and champions change through innovative thinking and active support of the use of process improvement tools and techniques.
- Ensures the duties, responsibilities, authority and accountability of all direct reports are defined and understood. Establishes goals for direct reports and regularly reviews performance.
- Continuously improve the quality processes while staying ISO and EHS compliant, including corrective action plans for non-conforming components.
Experience / Skills Required:
- Minimum of ten (10) years of previous supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment is required. Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering is a plus.
- Broad knowledge of large industrial machining procedures, estimating and process control.
- Must be able to read blueprints and drawings.
- Administrative efficiency and results oriented required.
- Familiar with Microsoft Office products (Outlook, PowerPoint, Word & Excel)
- Ability to problem solve and exercise creativity to develop and/or implement practical solutions.
- Good verbal, presentation and written communication skills
- Ability to facilitate open communication with both internal and external customers.
- Able to conduct independent data analysis, manage budgets and deal with ambiguous situations
Horner Electric offers competitive wages, healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan with an employer match, a great working environment, and a talented team of experienced professionals with whom you will work closely. This position has the opportunity for growth. Horner Electric and its operating subsidiaries Horner Industrial Group and Horner Automation Group are Equal Opportunity Employers.
To learn more about us, visit our website at www.hornerindustrial.com; and www.heapg.com Resumes may be emailed, with OPERATIONS MANAGER in subject line, to email@example.com or by mail attention Human Resources – 1521 E. Washington Street – Indianapolis, Indiana 46201