Hours: 1st Shift
Position Location: 4721 Interstate Dr., Cincinnati, OH 45246
Family owned and operated since 1949, Horner Industrial Group has built its reputation on integrity, standards of excellence and a commitment to customer service Horner Industrial specializes in quality industrial products and solutions, from electric motor repair, electrical and mechanical field service, advanced vibration analysis and industrial fan design and fabrication to thermal and industrial coatings.
The Manual Machinist will safely operate various machining tools such as lathes, mills, presses, grinders, saws, drills, and boring tools to repair existing or create replacement parts for mechanical assemblies or to fabricate new parts from drawings and/or specifications. Uses measuring devices such as micrometers, calipers along with proper techniques to determine correct sizing. Records all data necessary to produce expected service and/or design results.
- Accurately operates various machining equipment including but not be limited to the following: horizontal lathes, milling machines, drill presses, surface grinders / sanders, hydraulic presses, chop saws, & band saws
- Reads blueprints and/or draft drawings specifications.
- Accurately uses measuring devices such as outside micrometers, calipers, inside micrometers, bore gauges, feeler gauges, rules, etc. to read and record sizes of equipment and component parts.
- Accurately calculate tolerances and fits based upon measurements made.
- Documents all calculates measurements on applicable forms.
- Perform assigned machining tasks that may include but are not be limited to turning shaft or bulk stock, milling keyways, turning and cutting threads, using hydraulic press to remove items from housings, drilling, grinding, & sanding
- A minimum of 1 to 3 years work experience in a related machine shop environment or having successfully completed an accredited EASA, military or trade school machine shop program.
- Requires blueprint specification reading, machining, measurement, data collection, and safety abilities at a career skilled tradesman level.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team as applicable.
- Requires oral and written skills to effectively communicate with co-workers, shop staff, supervisors, and managers.
- High School Diploma or the Equivalent.
Horner offers a competitive wage, healthcare benefits, 401(k) plan with employer match, a great working environment, and a talented team of experienced professionals with whom you will work.
Horner Industrial Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.