Hours: 2nd Shift: 3:00pm-11:30pm
Position Location: 5330 Prosperity Dr., Springfield, OH 45502
Family owned and operated since 1949, Horner Industrial Group has built its reputation on integrity, standards of excellence and a commitment to customer service Horner Industrial specializes in quality industrial products and solutions, from electric motor repair, electrical and mechanical field service, advanced vibration analysis and industrial fan design and fabrication to thermal and industrial coatings.
The Manual Machinist is responsible for safely operating various machining tools such as lathes, mills, presses, grinders, saws, drills, boring tools, welders, broaches and metal spray units to repair existing or create replacement parts for mechanical assemblies or to fabricate new parts from drawings and/or specifications. The Manual Machinist uses measuring devices such as micrometers, calipers and bearing bore gauges along with proper techniques to determine correct sizing. The Manual Machinist records all data necessary to produce expected service and/or design results. May require work at both in house and at a customer’s locations.
- Accurately operates various machining equipment including but not be limited to vertical and horizontal lathes, milling machines, drill presses, surface grinders / sanders, hydraulic presses, metal spray torches, broaching machines, chop saws, band saws, and dynamic balancing equipment
- MIG, TIG, ARC/Stick, Oxy Acety Welding
- Reads blue prints and/or draft drawings & specifications
- Accurately uses measuring devices such as outside micrometers, calipers, inside micrometers, bore gauges, feeler gauges, rules, etc. to read and record sizes of equipment and component parts.
- Calibrates devices per approved standards, if self-calibration is required.
- Accurately calculate tolerances and fits based upon measurements made.
- Documents all calculations & measurements on applicable forms.
- Perform assigned machining tasks that may include turning shaft or bulk stock, milling key ways, turning and cutting threads, boring cylinders, metal spray of bearing fit areas, welding cast iron, various grades of steel, aluminum, copper, brass, using hydraulic press to remove items from housings, etc., drilling, grinding, sanding, etc., dynamic balancing of rotational equipment
- A minimum of 1 to 3 years work experience in a related machine shop environment or having successfully completed an accredited EASA, military or trade school machine shop program.
- Requires blue print & specification reading, machining, measurement, data collection, and safety abilities at a career skilled tradesman level.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team as applicable.
Requires oral and written skills to effectively communicate with co-workers, shop staff, supervisors and managers.
- High School Diploma or the Equivalent.
Horner offers a competitive wage, healthcare benefits, 401(k) plan with employer match, a great working environment, and a talented team of experienced professionals with whom you will work.
Horner Industrial Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.