Industry: Engineering, Automation, Lighting, Sales
Position Location: 59 S. State Ave., Indianapolis IN 46201
We are part of the world-wide Horner Electric Group that was founded in 1949 and have been designing PLC’s, Communication Products, HMI’s and their related products since the early ’80s. Horner Automation Group designs, builds, and markets a wide array of industrial All-in-One controllers, consisting of programmable HMI, I/O, software and peripherals for the Industrial, Process Control, Renewable Energy and Building Automation markets. All products are designed by Horner Engineers and assembled by Horner Employees. With our internal operations and production facility. Horner Automation Group is a fully integrated North American Manufacturing company.
Seeking a self-motivated Inside Sales Engineer to help drive new business development and maintain relationships with existing business. The Inside Sales Engineer is responsible or handling customer inquiries, processing customer quotations of inbound sales requests, resolve customer issues promptly, identify customer needs, propose solutions, and close orders for assigned products, and the quotation of inbound sales requests.
- Respond in a timely and accurate manner to incoming requests for quotes, order entry, and issue resolution.
- Provide sales support to Outside Sales Team, Manufacturer’s Representatives, and Distributor Channel Partners.
- Understand Horner Automation Group’s products, services and capabilities.
- Understand industry and competitors’ products, services and capabilities.
- Through proficient use of interpersonal skills via phone and email, engage and probe customer to ensure their true needs are determined and provide optimal solution recommendations.
- Maintain account relationships with key decision-makers at assigned accounts and cultivate long-term relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Optimize utilization of Customer Relationship Management (CRM) for customer information, lead generation, quote tracking and pipeline management.
- 2+ years of experience in Inside Sales in Business-to-Business sales environments.
- Demonstrated ability to understand electrical and mechanical concepts and to successfully communicate them to customers and sales channel partners.
- Knowledge of programming and functionality of Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC) highly preferred
- Experience using Customer Relationship Management software, Microsoft Office applications, and ERP systems.
- A working knowledge of Zoho CRM is preferred.
- A positive attitude and professional appearance, with the ability to thrive in a small company environment, building strong relationships with coworkers, customers and partners.
- Willingness to take on a team leadership position over time as our company and department continues to grow.
- Ability to interact well with all levels of customer functions up to C-level executives.
- Strong organizational skills, ability to set priorities and meet deadlines.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task numerous activities but remain immediately available for incoming calls and quote requests.
- Associate’s degree or higher in electrical or electronics technology or related technical field is beneficial
Horner offers a competitive wage, healthcare benefits, 401(k) plan with employer match, a great working environment, and a talented team of experienced professionals with whom you will work.
Horner Automation Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.