Industrial Body Work Repair/Painter
Hours: 7:00am-3:30pm-Overtime and Weekends may be required
Position Location: 940 S. West St., Indianapolis, IN 46225
Family owned and operated since 1949, Horner Industrial Group has built its reputation on integrity, standards of excellence and a commitment to customer service Horner Industrial specializes in quality industrial products and solutions, from electric motor repair, electrical and mechanical field service, advanced vibration analysis and industrial fan design and fabrication to thermal and industrial coatings.
Horner Industrial is seeking an experienced Industrial Painter for our Thermal Spray and Industrial Coatings Division located in Indianapolis, IN. This role is responsible for providing surface preparation and protective coating applications to industrial rotating equipment parts and supporting the Operations Manager in meeting facility, safety, quality and delivery goals.
- Working knowledge of customer requirements and specifications, including the ability to read, and make processing decisions based on, customer blueprints.
- Proper performance of advanced spraying techniques (e.g. electrostatic painting and powder coating.)
- Utilize safe methods of handling material, including chemicals, required in all aspects of process.
- Clean parts with appropriate processes (e.g. pressure washing, sand/cob blasting)
- Deciding on and performing proper masking techniques necessary to meet customer requirements.
- Performing and understanding various mixing techniques, including testing of viscosity levels.
- Proper maintenance, setup, use and cleaning of equipment required.
- Basic hanging methods and techniques.
- Proper use of ovens and other drying techniques, including curing temperatures and procedures.
- Visual in-process inspection and required testing (adhesion testing, thickness testing, etc.) and basic troubleshooting of performance problems.
- Verifying effectiveness of expired materials and necessary disposal requirements.
- Continuous performance of administrative tasks associated with the process, including recording of any data generated from these tasks.
- Report any defects in materials, rework, missed inspections, job delays, or problem areas to the Shop Supervisor immediately.
- Maintain a clean and safe work area and demonstrate courtesy and respect in all aspects of your workday and routine.
- Other tasks as assigned by the shop supervisor or operations manager
- A minimum 7+ years with hands on experience with industrial painting processes/coatings
- Ability to read complex drawings, understand specifications and use of precision measuring equipment
- Knowledge of or ability to learn safety rules and procedures, and operating policies and procedures.
- Practical experience with ISO9001 is preferred
- Demonstrated leadership skills (this position will lead a team of two painting trainees)
- Must be able to communicate effectively with others at all levels of the organization
- Must be able to perform all essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation
- High School Diploma or Equivalent.
Horner offers a competitive wage, healthcare benefits, 401(k) plan with employer match, a great working environment, and a talented team of experienced professionals with whom you will work.
Horner Industrial Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.