Primary duties include, but are not limited to; the safe installation, removal, maintenance and/or repair of various kinds of electrical and/or mechanical equipment e.g. AC and/or DC motors, generators, pumps, blowers, gear boxes, housings, motor drives, etc. Involves testing, measurement & data collection, diagnostic trouble shooting, and failure analysis and proper use of testing and measuring equipment. Requires work at multiple customer locations, overtime as needed, rotating 24/7 call availability.
- Performs the safe equipment installation, removal, maintenance and/or repair as specified in the customer order.
- Includes the use of tools, measurement & test equipment as dictated by the specific equipment and situation.
- Records testing information on applicable forms.
- If necessary, determines and documents cause of failure.
- If necessary, advises supervisor or Field Service Coordinator of additional materials and/or parts required to complete the job.
- Performs and documents final testing and/or measurements.
- Returns all completed job cards, initial & final measurement & test documentation, photos, etc. to the Field Service office.
- Operates appropriate equipment safely and competently to perform job,
- Performs other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned and/or required to support the company’s goals and objectives
High School Diploma or the Equivalent. A Certificate or Associates Degree in an electrical / mechanical related field preferred; 3+ years of experience in electrical / mechanical repair or servicing industry or combination of completion of an accredited EASA or military or vocational training program and work experience.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to understand and carry out detailed written or oral instructions.
- Ability to problem solve in non-standardized situations.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to relate and interact with associates at all levels
- Ability to become knowledgeable of all facets of the company, including technical aspects
- Must demonstrate basic verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Must be able to maintain a high sense of urgency to meet project deadlines
- Must be able to perform essential functions of job, with or without reasonable accommodations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
Employee is required to: sit, stand, talk, see, and hear.
This position works near moving mechanical parts; This position works both inside and outside – climates may be hot, cold, wet or otherwise harsh (dust, etc.)
This position has special vision requirements:
- Color vision – ability to identify and distinguish colors.
- Close vision – clear vision at 20 inches or less.
- Distance vision – clear vision at 20 feet or more.
- Peripheral vision – ability to observe an area that can be seen up and down and/or left and right while eyes are fixed on a given point.
- Ability to adjust focus – adjust the eye to bring an object into sharp focus.
The noise level that is typical for the work environment of this position is
Moderate to High noise (examples: industrial production)