Industry: Engineering, Automation, Lighting
Position Location: 59 S. State Ave., Indianapolis IN 46201
We are part of the world-wide Horner Electric Group that was founded in 1949 and have been designing PLC’s, Communication Products, HMI’s and their related products since the early ’80s. Horner Automation Group designs, builds, and markets a wide array of industrial All-in-One controllers, consisting of programmable HMI, I/O, software and peripherals for the Industrial, Process Control, Renewable Energy and Building Automation markets. All products are designed by Horner Engineers and assembled by Horner Employees. With our internal operations and production facility. Horner Automation Group is a fully integrated North American Manufacturing company.
Responsible for developing detailed electrical and mechanical designs of power and control systems using industrial automation products for a variety of industrial sectors/processes. Responsible for the selection, configuration and interconnection of components for electrical control assembles and control systems and associated design documentation.
- Design and develop led lighting systems including AC and DC drivers, digital and analog electronics.
- Design and develop control systems used in lighting or industrial automation.
- Embedded firmware desirable but not required.
- Create schematics, some PCB layouts and documentation
- Troubleshoot hardware issues in the development process and for field support
- Manage the prototype process including testing and documenting changes.
- Working with test engineers to accomplish UL, CE, and environmental testing.
- Work with production engineer to hand off projects including documentation for assembly
- Domestic travel may be occasionally required.
- Performs other job duties as assigned.
- 3-5 years of experience / working knowledge of industrial automated control systems
- Relevant experience and knowledge in hardware architecture creation.
- Experience in control systems, I/O desired
- Familiar with FPGA Programming
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project) is required.
- Experience with Orcad, Autocad, Inventor, and PCB layout packages desired.
- Be able to track multiple projects and perform simultaneous tasks
- Must possess focused project management skills
- Must be able to interact with all levels of the organization in a fast paced environment with multiple locations (domestic and overseas)
- Must be able to maintain a high sense of urgency to meet project deadlines
- Must be able to perform essential functions of job, with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering
Horner offers a competitive wage, healthcare benefits, 401(k) plan with employer match, a great working environment, and a talented team of experienced professionals with whom you will work.
Horner Automation Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.