Job Summary: Primary duties include, but are not limited to; the safe repair of hydraulic cylinders or related component parts including diagnostic trouble shooting, disassembly, measurement, data collection, failure analysis, repair, re-assembly and testing, includes the proper use of mechanical and fluid power testing and measuring equipment and documentation of results. Requires work at both in house shop and at customer locations as needed.
- Diagnoses hydraulic (fluid power) systems equipment and component parts to troubleshoot and determine cause of failure.
- Access available OEM Specifications or related documents for the equipment.
- Isolate problem areas of system, equipment or component parts.
- Verify defective system, equipment or component part.
- Prepare the system, equipment or component part for disassembly including necessary lockout /tagout, isolation, bracing, line bleeding and depressurization.
- Dismantles equipment maintaining identification of each component part, labeling and/or photographing parts as necessary.
- Determines and documents cause of failure.
- Segregates and direct dismantled equipment to appropriate workgroups for applicable repairs or clean up.
- Advises supervisor of required new or remanufactured parts, if necessary.
- Re-aggregates cleaned, repaired and/or replacement parts from other work groups and performs re-assembly and final testing per Customer, EASA, OEM, or Horner specifications.
- Documents final testing on applicable forms.
- Return all completed job cards, initial & final test documentation, photos, etc. to the shop office.
- All other duties as assigned
Skills and Experience:
- High School Diploma or the Equivalent. A Certificate or Associates Degree in a mechanical or related field preferred.
- Minimum of 1 to 3 years experience in hydraulic / mechanical repair, maintenance or servicing or
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team as applicable.
- Requires diagnostic trouble shooting, disassembly, measurement, data collection, failure analysis, repair, re-assembly, testing and safety abilities demonstrated at a skilled tradesman level.
- Requires oral and written skills to effectively communicate with co-workers, customers and management team.
Horner offers a competitive wages, benefits package, and 401(k) Plan. To learn more about us, visit our website at www.hornerindustrial.com Resumes may be emailed to email@example.com, you can apply using the form below, or you may apply in person at 4721 Interstate Drive, Cincinnati, Ohio. Horner Industrial Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.