Hours: 7:00am-3:30 with overtime and weekends
Position Location: 152 Jim Ct., Louisville, KY 40229
Family owned and operated since 1949, Horner Industrial Group has built its reputation on integrity, standards of excellence and a commitment to customer service Horner Industrial specializes in quality industrial products and solutions, from electric motor repair, electrical and mechanical field service, advanced vibration analysis and industrial fan design and fabrication to thermal and industrial coatings.
The Field Service Tech will be responsible for the installation, removal, maintenance and/or repair of various kinds of electrical and/or mechanical equipment. The Field Service Tech will test, measure & collect data, conduct diagnostic trouble shooting, and failure analysis. The equipment may include AC and/or DC motors, generators, servos, pumps, blowers, gear boxes, housings, motor drives, electrical transformers, switchgear, controls, etc. Requires the proper use of testing and measuring equipment. Requires safe work performance at customer locations during regular shift and overtime hours as needed.
- Perform equipment installation, removal, maintenance and/or repair as specified in the customer order.
- Use of tools, measurement & test equipment as dictated by the specific equipment and situation.
- Record testing information on applicable forms.
- Determine and document cause of failure.
- Advise supervisor or Field Service Coordinator of additional materials/parts required to complete the job.
- Perform and document final testing and/or confirmation measurements.
- Return all completed job cards, initial & final measurement & test documentation, photos, etc. to the Field Service office.
- A minimum 3 years with hands on experience in electrical / mechanical repair or servicing or completion of an accredited EASA or military training program.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Ability to use and understand testing, measurement & data collection; diagnostic, trouble-shooting & failure analysis equipment
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team as applicable.
- Knowledge of or ability to learn safety rules and procedures, and operating policies and procedures
- Must be able to communicate effectively with others at all levels of the organization
- Must be able to maintain good attendance
- Must be able to perform all essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- A Certificate or Associates Degree in an electrical / mechanical related field preferred.
Horner offers a competitive wage, healthcare benefits, 401(k) plan with employer match, a great working environment, and a talented team of experienced professionals with whom you will work.
Horner Industrial Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.