Primary duties include, but are not limited to; the safe installation, removal, maintenance and/or repair of various kinds of electrical and/or mechanical equipment. Includes testing, measurement & data collection, diagnostic trouble-shooting, and failure analysis. The equipment may include AC and/or DC motors, generators, servos, pumps, blowers, gear boxes, housings, motor drives, electrical transformers, switchgear, controls, etc. Includes the proper use of testing and measuring equipment. Requires work at customer’s locations.
- Performs the safe equipment installation, removal, maintenance and/or repair as specified in the customer order.
- Includes the use of tools, measurement & test equipment as dictated by the specific equipment and situation.
- Records testing information on applicable forms.
- If necessary, determines and documents cause of failure.
- If necessary, advises supervisor or Field Service Coordinator of additional materials and/or parts required to complete the job.
- Performs and documents final testing and/or measurements.
- Returns all completed job cards, initial & final measurement & test documentation, photos, etc. to the Field Service office.
- High School Diploma or the Equivalent. A Certificate or Associates Degree in an electrical / mechanical related field preferred.
- A minimum of 1 to 3 years experience in electrical / mechanical repair or servicing or completion of an accredited EASA or military training program.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team as applicable.
- Requires testing, measurement & data collection; diagnostic, trouble shooting and failure analysis; repair, and safety abilities at a career skilled tradesman level.
Requires oral and written skills to effectively communicate with co-workers, office staff, supervisors, managers and customers.