Hours: 1st Shift: 7:00am-3:30pm, 2nd Shift: 3:00pm-11:30pm, 3rd Shift: 10:30pm-7:00am-Overtime and Weekend Required
Position Location: 1521 E. Washington St., Indianapolis, IN 46201
Family owned and operated since 1949, Horner Industrial Group has built its reputation on integrity, standards of excellence and a commitment to customer service Horner Industrial specializes in quality industrial products and solutions, from electric motor repair, electrical and mechanical field service, advanced vibration analysis and industrial fan design and fabrication to thermal and industrial coatings.
The Electric Motor Mechanic is responsible for the safe repair of various kinds of electrical/mechanical equipment including diagnostic trouble shooting, disassembly, measurement, data collection, failure analysis, repair, re-assembly and testing. The equipment may include AC and/or DC motors, generators, servos, pumps, blowers, gearboxes, housings, etc. Includes the proper use of testing and measuring equipment such as high potential meters, multi meters, AC and DC voltage test panels, growler, Bar to Bar tester, micrometers, calipers, feeler gauges, bearing bore gauges. May require work at both in house and at a customer’s locations.
- Performs initial evaluation of equipment to determine operation or run condition.
- Includes the use of test equipment as dictated by the specific equipment and situation.
- Records testing and trouble shooting information on applicable forms.
- Marks equipment for disassembly and photographs as necessary.
- Dismantles equipment maintaining identification of each component part, labeling and/or photographing as necessary.
- Determines and documents cause of failure.
- Segregates and direct dismantled equipment to appropriate workgroups for applicable repairs or clean up.
- Advises supervisor of required new or remanufactured parts, if necessary.
- Re-aggregates cleaned, repaired and/or replacement parts from other work groups and performs re-assembly and final testing per Customer, EASA, OEM, or Horner specifications.
- Documents final testing on applicable forms.
- Return all completed job cards, initial & final test documentation, photos, etc. to the shop office.
- A minimum of 1 to 3 years experience in electrical / mechanical repair or servicing or completion of an accredited EASA or military training program.
- Requires diagnostic trouble-shooting, disassembly, measurement, data collection, failure analysis, repair, re-assembly, testing and safety abilities at a career skilled tradesman level.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team as applicable.
- Requires oral and written skills to effectively communicate with co-workers, shop staff, supervisors and managers.
- High School Diploma or the Equivalent. A Certificate or Associates Degree in an electrical / mechanical related field preferred.
Horner offers a competitive wage, healthcare benefits, 401(k) plan with employer match, a great working environment, and a talented team of experienced professionals with whom you will work.
Horner Industrial Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.