Industry: Engineering, Automation
Hours: 8:00am-4:30pm-Rotating On call shift
Position Location: 59 S. State Ave., Indianapolis IN 46201
We are part of the world-wide Horner Electric Group that was founded in 1949 and have been designing PLC’s, Communication Products, HMI’s and their related products since the early ’80s. Horner Automation Group designs, builds, and markets a wide array of industrial All-in-One controllers, consisting of programmable HMI, I/O, software and peripherals for the Industrial, Process Control, Renewable Energy and Building Automation markets. All products are designed by Horner Engineers and assembled by Horner Employees. With our internal operations and production facility. Horner Automation Group is a fully integrated North American Manufacturing company.
Horner is seeking APPLICATION ENGINEERS to provide technical support services to external customers and our internal Engineering and Operations Groups.
- Answer technical support calls.
- Respond to emails and voicemails from the Technical Support Group mailbox.
- Document and record all call activity following standard procedure outlined by supervisor.
- Provide application, product selection, and cross-reference assistance based on customer requirements.
- Assist customers with product information for Horner’s industrial automation products.
- Assist customers with troubleshooting existing products and systems, installation and maintenance related problems.
- Maintain adequate technical product knowledge by attending formal product training, and self-study professional development activities.
- Provide the technical interface to Horner Engineering Group and Production facilities for issues such as documentation, product information and troubleshooting guides.
- Assist in maintaining order and organization of Technical Support Lab and Inventory.
- Participate in the after-hours primary emergency support rotation by carrying a cell phone on call and following established procedures to provide emergency technical support.
- May be involved in teaching training courses as requested/approved by manager.
- May be involved in customer onsite support as requested/approved by manager.
- Represent Horner through personal and business interactions with employees, customers, distributors, and colleagues.
- Performs other job duties as assigned.
- Knowledge and application experience with some or all of the following products: OCS/PLC/HMI - hardware, software and interfaces; Motion - Servos, Drives, and Motors, and components
- Energetic, self-motivated and focused.
- Strong relationship builder
- Ability to multi-task and work cross-functionally.
- Good organizational skills.
- Team player who is able to work independently as required.
- Strong interpersonal, analytic, and communication skills.
- Must be able to perform essential functions of job, with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Bachelor of Science, Electrical or Mechanical, in Engineering from a four year college or related technical school.
Horner offers a competitive wage, healthcare benefits, 401(k) plan with employer match, a great working environment, and a talented team of experienced professionals with whom you will work.
Horner Automation Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance