Industry: Repair, distribution, and manufacturing
Position Location: 1521 E. Washington St. Indianapolis, IN 46201
Family owned and operated since 1949, Horner Electric Group has built its reputation on integrity, standards of excellence, and a commitment to customer service. Horner Electric is a diverse organization comprised of two subsidiaries, Horner Industrial Group and Horner Automation Group, and specializes in repair, distribution, and manufacturing. Horner is headquartered on the near east side of Indianapolis, with multiple work locations in Indianapolis, Ft. Wayne, Terre Haute, Springfield Ohio, Cincinnati Ohio, with international locations Ireland, India, and China.
Horner Electric is seeking an Accounting Manager to be fully engaged with all accounting clerical functions and help maintain financial wellness and integrity of the organization. This role will require the supervision and oversight of accounting clerical personnel which includes Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, and general accounting functions. Horner is looking for a driven candidate who is eager to learn the intricacies of Horner Electrics business and who has aspirations to grow.
- Support Controller and Staff Accountant as needed with journal entry and financial statement preparation and analysis
- Participate in the annual audit preparation
- Supervision and oversight of accounting clerical personnel and functions including accounts payable, accounts receivable and general accounting functions.
- Initiation and effective oversight of continuous improvement of accounting functions
- Petty Cash management and reconciliations
- Ability and desire to eventually assume the Controller position
- 5+ years accounting experience preferably in a manufacturing/service environment
- 2+ years of leadership experience
- General and cost accounting experience
- Proficient Excel and ERP experience
- Enjoys working in the details and problem solving either alone and/or with cross functional teams as needed, but also effective in understanding the big picture
- Experience with accounting for inventory in both average and standard cost environment
- Strong time management and organization skills a must
- Ability to work one-on-one with other employees at all levels
- Ability to demonstrate strong leadership skills
- Minimum of BS in Accounting
- MBA, CMA, and/or CPA highly preferred
Horner offers a competitive wage, healthcare benefits, 401(k) plan with employer match, a great working environment, and a talented team of experienced professionals with whom you will work.
Horner Industrial Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.