GENERAL PURPOSE: Horner Industrial Group has an opportunity for an experienced Purchaser / Buyer who will be responsible for sourcing and purchasing parts, services and supplies for our largest motor and industrial rotating equipment repair shop located a few blocks east of downtown Indianapolis. The successful candidate for this position will effectively source and ensure specification compliance while working safely, offering superior cost, quality and delivery to meet or exceed customer demands
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Order products and services per negotiated and approved pricing matrices.
- Prepare purchase requisitions, obtain appropriate approval, and issue purchase orders in accordance with company policy and negotiated terms and conditions.
- Enter purchase orders in a timely fashion
- Maintain accurate product and material data in MRP system to include price, description, coding, shelf-life, and inventory levels.
- Ensure supplier compliance with company requirements for quality, safety, and delivery.
- Persistence with suppliers, seeking assistance as needed from management, to help meet deadlines
- Expediting product and supplies as needed from suppliers
- Discuss defective or unacceptable new parts, products and/or supplies with users, vendors, and others to determine cause of problem and take corrective and preventative action.
- Perform various administrative duties to support the Motor Repair Shop and Company goals.
- High School diploma or equivalency
- 3+ years of experience in purchasing products in automotive or heavy industrial repair.
- Experience working with Microsoft Office applications
- Familiar with enterprise business systems (SAP, Epicor, etc.)
- Able to work with minimal supervision
- Self-motivated and capable of independent decision making.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
Horner Industrial Group offers competitive wages, healthcare benefits, 401(k) plan with employer match, and a great working environment. To learn more about us, visit our website at www.hornerindustrial.com Resumes may be emailed to Kelly.Russell@hornerindustrial.com; faxed to (317) 639-4344 or you may mail or apply in person at 1521 E. Washington Street, Indianapolis, IN 46201. Horner Industrial Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.