Machine Shop Estimator and Service Writer
Hours: 7:00am-3:30pm-Overtime and Weekends may be required
Position Location: 2045 E Washington Street – Indianapolis IN 46201
Family owned and operated since 1949, Horner Industrial Group has built its reputation on integrity, standards of excellence and a commitment to customer service Horner Industrial specializes in quality industrial products and solutions, from electric motor repair, electrical and mechanical field service, advanced vibration analysis and industrial fan design and fabrication to thermal and industrial coatings.
Horner Industrial is seeking a experienced estimator/service writer for our industrial Manual Machining Repair Shop located in Indianapolis, IN to effectively draft Service/Repair Quotes with accurate pricing on labor and materials for customers along with corresponding Job Task Tickets for the shop processes while supporting the Operations Manager in meeting facility, safety, quality and delivery goals while maintaining a high level of service to both internal and external customers.
- Inspect incoming equipment/parts to determine scope of work and which parts should be repaired/replaced.
- Sourcing and pricing of replacement parts
- Preparing detailed quotes and estimates for customers along with corresponding Job Ticket for shop tasks assigned
- Generate Troubleshooting Analysis Report along with Repair Quote
- Report any defects in materials, rework, missed inspections, job delays, or problem areas to the Operations Manager, sales representatives, customers as needed.
- Reviewing all inspection documentation to ensure complete and accurate.
- Update Job Status Report in ERP System regularly. Communicate with others (e.g. other Horner divisions, Sales) on deliverables and status of joint work.
- Maintain professional work ethic and demonstrate courtesy and respect in all aspects of work day and routine.
- A minimum 10+ years with hands on experience in machining repair and service or completion of an accredited mechanical or military training program along with 5+ years in machining repair
- Ability to read complex drawings, understand specifications and use of precision measuring equipment
- Must have in depth experience with diagnostic, troubleshooting & failure analysis processes
- Knowledge of or ability to learn safety rules and procedures, and operating policies and procedures. Practical experience with ISO9001 is preferred
- Must be able to communicate effectively with others at all levels of the organization
- Must be able to perform all essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation
- High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- A Certificate or Associates Degree in a mechanical related field preferred.
Horner offers a competitive wage, healthcare benefits, 401(k) plan with employer match, a great working environment, and a talented team of experienced professionals with whom you will work.
Horner Industrial Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.